Ayurveda - Treasure for Health
Nutrition Awareness in your Kitchen
With Vaidya Sreelal Sankar and Vaidya Poornima Sreelal
Ayurveda experts from Kerala, India
A Live Online Course (6 sessions)
Saturdays, from 9:00 am – 10:30 am, Central European Time (CET)
11, 18 and 25 of February
4, 11 and 18 of March
Ayurveda enables individualized healthy nutrition and a balanced lifestyle for everyone and for all ages. This course offers a general introduction with practical examples and time for questions and answers.
Dr. Sreelal Sankar was born in a traditional Ayurveda practitioner’s family in Kerala. Apart from clinical practice, because of his analytical approach, he’s interested in applying IT in Ayurveda. He did his post-graduate work in bioinformatics.
Dr. Poornima Sreelal is a leading Ayurvedic dietary consultant. She comes from a traditional healer’s family. After her graduation in Ayurveda, she specialized in Clinical nutrition and dietetics. She works on applied nutrition for curative purposes.
11 February: Ayurvedic concepts on body’s homeostasis
- Healing properties of Pancha Bhuta, the five elements – Understanding five elements and how to use its properties for the optimal health.
- Factors for proper homeostasis – Hithahara – Optimised diet, Hita vihara – optimal activity, Hita mana – proper mindset.
18 February: Hita ahara – Healthy food for your body.
- How to select individualised food? Understanding basics of individual dietetics.
- What to eat on a daily basis? Choosing the right nutrients and timings for food
- When to eat? For getting optimum nutrient absorption.
February 25: Hita vihara – Daily routine
- Elaborating on Dinacharya – daily routines mentioned in the Ayurvedic texts for improving health.
March 4: Hita mana – Mind management to lead a healthy life
- The Ayurvedic concepts on mind
- Achara Rasayana – The social and behavioural guidelines one need to follow to have a healthier body.
March 11: An overview on general disease classifications and different treatment approaches in Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic view on diseases.
- Classification of different treatment approaches and its logic.
- Sodana chikithsa – Over view on detox and treatments, different Panchakarma procedures.
- Samana Chikithsa – alleviating care through medications, external treatments like oil massage, Abhyanga, Kizhi, etc.
March 18: Seasonal detox – For improving health span
- Seasonal detox – the significance and purpose.
- Who all can do seasonal detox?
- Some common procedures for doing detox from home.
Language: English with simultaneous translation into German, French and Spanish
Participation fee (6 classes): 90 €
As all our current online activities, the programme will also be taught through zoom.
The daily programme with zoom links will be sent 24 hours in advance.