Practical Bhakti Yoga Training
16 September 2022 – 13 June 2023
In-depth and practical teaching, combining online lectures and interactive sessions, residential stays and personal coaching.
Certification for 400 hours.
For Sivananda Yoga Teachers
The payment for the participation fee is made in three instalments.
Testimonials of the Academy year 2021 — 2022
Thank you very much for your loving guidance on this intense 9 month journey to the Self which took us from Shankaracharya´s Tattwa Bodha to the Bhagavad Gita and finally to the Upanishads.
The Academy uniquely combines deep philosophical wisdom with practical exercises for our application in daily life and keeps our Sadhana on track. The format which is a blend of online classes (which are recorded so that you can listen and re-listen to them whenever convenient) and residential retreats in the wonderful Ashram in Orleans, perfectly fits also into a busy schedule as it allows for maximum flexibility. The bi-monthly check-ins with our mentors were not only highly inspiring but also provided valuable input on our spiritual progress. It was very rewarding to be part of such a dedicated group of like-minded seekers in this carefully organised Academy.
I definitely will recommend this course to anyone who is willing to expand his spiritual practise and is looking for guidance and support on the spiritual path.
Thank you for this extraordinary experience which greatly expanded my perspective on Vedanta, Yoga and Life in general.
I am already registered for Bhakti Academy in September 2022.
The training will combine the study of scriptures with the pursuit of a yogic lifestyle through the practice of asana, pranayama, meditation and mantra chanting.
The lectures will be given online, except for the three retreats, which will take place online or at the Sivananda Yoga Ashram in Loiret, France. The teachings will be given by European Acharyas and Swamis.
Senior Swamis and experienced teachers from the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres will teach at the residential retreats and accompany you in personal mentoring.
Curriculum of the training course
STRUCTURE AND PREPARATION
Structure of the training course
Weekly online lectures every Thursday from 18 to 19.45 CET. These lectures of 90 minutes will be taught live by the European Yoga Acharyas and recordings will be made available to all participants. Each lecture will end with a 15 minutes session for questions and answers.
Every three weeks there will be online discussions of 60 minutes as a forum for group interaction of all participants
Bi-monthly meetings of 45 minutes with a personal mentor to answer questions regarding your yoga practice
Unlimited access to all online asana classes in English and French and all online Satsangs for the duration of the programme
Three onsite Retreats at the Ashram de Yoga Sivananda, Loire Valley, France (accommodation in shared rooms is already included in the tuition fee) :
Subjects of Study
- importance of Bhakti Yoga
- history of Bhakti Yoga
- the nine modes of Bhakti
- the five Bhavas (devotional attitudes) of Bhaktas
Mahabharata Ramayana Srimad Bhagavatam Siva Purana Devi Mahatmya
Narada Bhakti Sutras
We recommend that you keep a spiritual diary throughout the course which you can share with your tutor for further guidance. The template for the spiritual diary will be provided to you.
- Bliss Divine by Swami Sivananda
- Sivananda Yoga Kirtan book
- Sivananda book of Meditation
- Meditation and Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Narada Bhakti Sutras any edition
Optional further reading:
- In Indian culture: why do we? By Swami Vimalananda
- Encyclopaedia of Hindu Gods and Goddesses by Suresh Chandra
- Devi Mahatmya
- Mahabharata by Kamala Subramaniam
- Ramayana by Kamala Subramaniam
- Srimad Bhagavatam by Kamala Subramaniam
- Sri Shiva Lila by Vanamali
- Sri Rama Lila by Vanamali
- Sri Krishna Lila by Vanamali
- Sri Devi Lila by Vanamali
- Join one of our free online presentations of the Sivananda Yoga Academy. Check our webpage or subscribe to our newsletter to obtain information on the upcoming dates and connection links.
- For all online teachings, the programme “Zoom” will be used, so it is advisable to download it for free before the start of the course. Your device needs a working camera. For asana classes, position your device’s camera in such a way that your asana mat is visible slightly from above and such that you can still be seen while standing.
- Active knowledge of the teachings of the TTC about the 4 paths of Yoga, Mantras and Kirtan is required. Therefore, please review the respective chapters in your TTC manual:
- Chapter 2, lesson 6: The four paths of Yoga
- Chapter 3, Meditation
- Chapter 8, lessons 1 to 4: Introduction to Kirtan, Daily Chants, Dhyana Slokas, Om Tryambakam and Arati
Highlight during the Final Retreat :
With honoured guest: Sri Venugopal Goswami, Bhakti Yoga Acharya, Vrindavan, North India
A seven-day evening programme.
With live music: harmonium, vocals, bamboo flute and tablas. Readings and discourse from the classical Bhakti Yoga scripture Srimad Bhagavatam on the journey to the meaning of life. The storytelling, poetry, music and philosophy uplift the heart and the mind.
In addition to attending weekly lectures and interactive sessions, we recommend that students practice asana and pranayama daily, or attend asana classes regularly, as well as two satsangs per week, or more if your schedule permits.
English and French
The tuition fee includes meals and accommodation during the onsite retreats. No discount if an onsite retreat is taken online: The payment has to be made in three instalments. Early Bird Special!
You can benefit from a discount of 100 € if your registration and first payment is received by latest 31 July 2022 – pay 900 € instead of 1000 € as your first instalment.
The tuition fee includes meals and accommodation during the onsite retreats. No discount if an onsite retreat is taken online:
The payment has to be made in three instalments.
Early Bird Special!
TTC diploma of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training Course Potential Interview with one of the Academy teachers after the online application has been reviewed.
TTC diploma of the Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training Course
Potential Interview with one of the Academy teachers after the online application has been reviewed.
Final exam in the form of a written essay of 4 pages (free choice between a variety of topics). The month of May will be kept lecture-free to allow time for the writing of the essay. Certified for 400 hours (60 minutes).
Final exam in the form of a written essay of 4 pages (free choice between a variety of topics). The month of May will be kept lecture-free to allow time for the writing of the essay.
Certified for 400 hours (60 minutes).