Generating Willpower & Strength
18 July – 2 August 2022
Sadhana Intensive is a two-week programme devised by Swami Vishnudevananda based on his own Hatha Yoga Sadhana in the Himalayas. He said that six months of this intensive practice gave him the energy to carry out his mission of spreading the teachings of Yoga in the West for the next 40 years.
- Concentrated periods of pranayama of progressive intensity
- Asana practice (2-3 times daily)
- Discussion and practice of mudras (seals), bandhas (locks), mantras
- Study of classical scriptures on Hatha Yoga, Bhakti Yoga and Vedanta Philosophy
- Practice of shat kriyas (cleansing techniques)
- Meditation and chanting
- Keeping a spiritual diary
Increasing the Vibration
Going Beyond Limitation
The Sadhana Intensive affords a unique opportunity to extend the limits of our capabilities, strengthen our stamina and develop self-confidence with long lasting effects. The course requires some preparation from the student. Interested students are advised to prepare by following a regular daily Hatha yoga practice and a Sattvic lifestyle. Sound physical and mental health is also a prerequisite.
This course is based on individual self-practice divided into two or three sessions per day. The emphasis is on intense and prolonged Pranayama. Twice each day, the students meet with their teachers and receive instructions. Students are guided individually in their practice which is balanced by the study of classical scriptures.
Study the Scriptures
"Sadhana is the purpose for which we have come to this place."- Swami Sivananda